Agurtzane Ortega joins the Danbury Abogados criminal department in July 2021 after developing her professional career for 12 years at Urraza, Mendieta & Asociados. There, she specialised in criminal law and was a member of the team of renowned criminal lawyer Jesús Urraza, who was also her mentor.
She has led all types of criminal proceedings, related to both traditional criminal law and economic criminal law, with experience in regulatory compliance and crime prevention, providing counsel, developing compliance plans and offering training programs to companies in various sectors as well as different specialised forums.
She is a member of the Basque Association of Criminologists and the Bizkaia Bar Association and teaches as a professor in the Law and Legal Practice Master’s program at the Universidad de Deusto. She has also served as a speaker at various conferences on criminal law organised by other Bar Associations.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Deusto (2005).
- Master’s in the European Union, Instituto Europeo (2006).
- Master’s in Legal Practice, Bizkaia Bar Association (2008).
- Degree in Criminology, Universidad de Oviedo (2010).
- Bizkaia Bar Association.
- Basque Association of Criminologists.